13 November 2005

photodump!

pictures of you : the cure
click on the icon below to listen while browsing my pics!

I'm dumping pictures I've stored in my cell phone since I bought it about two years ago. It's an old SonyEricsson T610, so the resolution isn't great. Save for the two Hong Kong pictures, these are mostly from my travels, which is about the only time I remember to use the phone's camera feature. Meanwhile, enjoy the song, one of my favorites from The Cure, definitely one of the best bands to ever walk the earth.


This is the door to Casa Mila, or La Pedrera, Antoni Gaudi's last civil work prior to dedicating his life to La Sagrada Famiglia in Barcelona. During his golden period (1892-1914), Gaudi drew inspiration from natural elements, which is why you will hardly see any straight line in most of his work. This main door, for example, is supposed to resemble a spider's web. Taken in December 2003.


Obscene, immoral, depraved stuffed toys waiting to be won in Ocean Park, Hong Kong. Taken probably around this time in 2004.


My favorite dish at Restaurant 369 along O'Brien Road in Wan Chai, Hong Kong. The first time significant other and I ate there, I frowned upon seeing not too many vegetarian options. The waiter probably saw the knot in my eyebrows, and said the kitchen could prepare this off-menu item for me. It's diced tofu fried with noodles, chili, and salt and pepper. Taken some time early this year.


Chastity: I know you can be underwhelmed, and you can be overwhelmed, but can you ever just be, like, whelmed?
Bianca: I think you can in Europe.
-- From the movie 10 Things I Hate About You
The Leaning Tower of Pisa, Easter 2005. I was whelmed.


The first picture I took with the T610. Need I say more?


This fish has a story. It was significant other's dinner in Phuket three nights before the tsunami. We were there when it happened. I have pictures online, but I can't find the link.


My dinner on the same evening in Phuket. They do all sorts of crazy stuff with fried rice in Thailand; sadly they lack creativity with the vegetarian kind. So I asked them to put lots and lots of cashew in it. And cashews were given unto me. Yum.


Taken at the beachfront of our hotel in Koh Samui, Thailand, Easter 2004. We stayed at a nice botique hotel called Muang Kulaypan, which has a minimalist landscape, the highlight of which is a striking black-tiled pool.


Cable car along Powell Street in San Francisco. This, along with the ones that follow, was taken in September 2003.


You can't see it properly, but this is the world's crookedest street.


Houses photographed from a street corner in the Haight-Ashbury district. I love that place, especially because there's an Amoeba there. And lots of Mexican restaurants. And vintage clothes. And bookstores, including an anarchist one.


From a mural of rock stars along Haight Street.


One dreary afternoon at Fisherman's Wharf.


Cafe Tacuba in concert at The Fillmore. I've already written about it here, where you can also listen to a couple of their songs.

What have you taken with your camera phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment